Wednesday, February 3, 2016

To Bake or not to bake, is that even a question?

To Bake or not to bake, is that even a question?

So I have come across the baking thing, now I know this is not new to a lot of folks out there, but if it is let me key you in on it. The idea behind "baking" you face has actually been around a long time, now it all started supposedly with all the Drag Queens or Drag Divas but just as who invented post it's (was it really Romy and Michele?) the world may never know. What baking means is setting your make up such as concealer or foundation with a translucent powder and letting a lot of powder sit on your face for about 5 to 10 minutes. What this does is allows the foundation or concealer heat up, thus the term "cooking, and this helps set the makeup and then you dust off the excess. Well I was blessed with beautiful dark circles or under eyes so just like my mother and sister I get to glob on the concealers under my eyes and.....and I am also lucky enough to have adult acne after I had my two beautiful daughters...love them. So for me I bake my under eyes, chin (greasy) and my acne spots. 

Here is my routine, I apply my foundation, now using the real techniques sponge, then apply my concealers and then I take my beauty blender and coat it in my translucent powder and pat away on my face until there is a heaping coat of powder and I actually look like Powder.... see ref....
Powder is a 1995 American fantasy drama film written and directed by Victor Salva and starring Sean Patrick Flanery in the titular role,
While I let this powder sit I usually do my eye make up, start my contour or even my hair. When it has been about 10 minutes I take a small fluffy brush and some of my Hourglass ambient lighting pallete and sweep some of that product over the translucent powder that had been sitting. Because the Hourglass powder is milled so fine I think this helps give a flawless finish. I have been doing this routine for about 4 months and I am honestly surprise on two things, one, how soft my undereyes appear and two, how it does hold up longer. Now I do think that some make up tricks are flops, but this is a defiant WIN!!!!
I think another reason why this works do great is the Coty airspun translucent powder, once I found this, I saluted however introduced me to this, it is the best....best....best...I think I have a slight obsession with it. But all is fair in makeup and war. SO this bring me to the end of this chapter, no to bake or no to bake,,,,ummm yes!

Poor Little Makeup Girl 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment